About Me!!

Hi my name is Sofia and this is my blog (learning portfolio) to show some of the work I do in class as well as fun field studies and my own personal experiences.

Photo of me!!

For the past couple of years I’ve been a part of PLP (Performance Learning Program). This Program is based around field studies, group work, projects and is one to one with iPads. The reason I like this program so much is because it gives me the opportunity to incorporate my own individuality into the work we do. Also I’m a visual learner so PLP really helps me understand different concepts that I might not have understood if I was just ready text books.

One of our projects that both shows our PLP mindset as well as who each of us individually are is a project we did on identity and what we believe in. We started off this assignment with having to choose a quote that represents ourselves and something that we believe in. As I play both basketball and Volleyball very competitively I decided to look for quotes that had to do with not giving up and trying your hardest to succeed. I ended up choosing a quote by Michael Jordan because it’s about having to try over and over again to get better which is something I really believe in.

Here is the quote :

”I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.“

Once we found the quote we then had to find a picture that completes our quotes and use Sketches Pro to trace the image and make our own representation of it. For me I chose a picture of myself playing basketball to make it more individualized and personal. This did make it pretty difficult to trace all the details and took a couple of tries but after finishing I am happy with the end sketch.

After creating a masterpiece of our image we then brought the quote to life by recording ourselves saying the quote, adding in music to set the theme and putting it all together in iMovie. Here is the end result:

Hope you enjoy reading about my projects, fun experiences in class and my traveling and other personal experiences on my blog!!