Hello internet, this week is da last week till spring break, and the week that my group finish the ULTIMATE DESIGN CHALLENGE !
First lets began with the driving question: How can we design a pool for maximum volume? So me and my group – Indy and Nya, check out their blog – first went with the idea of two pools with a hot tub in between them, but later we saw an photo of a pool with a living room inside of it so we went for that idea instead.
what to improve:
I should probably stop going off task and help my group mate more (even though I help them a lot already). Other things that I should improve on is remembering to put units for our calculation, and double check out calculation, because some of our calculation is incorrect.
Here is some screenshots of our pool design:
Applying and innovating:
Contribute to care for self, others, community, and world through personal or collaborative approaches. Me and my group didn’t do as well as we could of on this curriculum competency, we did pay close attention to teacher instructions but we spent most of our work time in class off task.
Reasoning and Analyzing: Model mathematics in contextualized experiences. We follow all instructions our teacher give us, but we definitely could do better on building the model cooperatively because me and Indy did lot more on it than Nya did. However, Nya did most of our calculations for us.
Communicating and Representing: Explain and justify mathematical ideas and decisions. My group definitely messed up on some of the calculations and forgot to put the units of the calculations, but other than that it was pretty good.
thanks for visiting my post, have a good day (or night)