Camp Capilano

On September 7 we, as a PLP cohort, set off on a massive trip to Camp Capilano. This was a retreat of some sort. The point of us taking a trip at the beginning of the year was to try and bond together. The theme of Grade 10 PLP is audio/ podcasts. We were given the assignment to create a podcast that showed our identity. You would do this by using examples to support your point.

Before we did the big project, our teachers had some other things planned out for us to do. We were dropped off at the Capilano Dam. We were put into groups by throwing candy on the ground and whichever one you ended up taking would be the one that would decide which group you would belong to. I chose Starbursts and was put with the other students that chose Starbursts. We had to make a reality show introduction. Our video was called “Gone Wild”.  It is about different people meeting in a forest and trying to survive. After we were done with that we had our second challenge. We were assigned to walk/ run to Camp Capilano from the Dam. We had to find our way there since no one knew where it was or how to get there.

When we arrived at the camp, we ended up eating lunch and then we were given our third challenge which was to make the same kind of movie as before but instead of making a video, we had to make it by using only audio. This was a lot more challenging because you had to explain a lot more in the audio because you don’t have the video. We finished that and had time for some fun. There was a pool at the camp. We had a fun time.

The night came and it was time to step up and receive the big and final project. This project was to make a podcast about a event that showed your identity. You would have to use an example to prove why you thought it showed your identity. Sam, Simon and I thought about the time back in 9th grade where we started to build a trail in the forest behind my house and as we built it we started to notice how many people started to show up. Soon enough we had about 7-8 people at the trail every time we went. I will link the project below to show you. I thought Camp Capilano was a great time and would do it again