How can we use systems of equations to make better choices?

For my math project, I worked with Izzy to compare three cell phone plans that best suit our life styles. We started our project by deciding how much data we want in our phone plan, which we decided would be 3GB. We figured out what kinds of cell phone plans we wanted by communicating what we were interested in. Izzy and I work very well together and easily split up the work so that we could contribute the same amount of information to the project.

Here are the cell phone plans we chose!

Here are the steps we took to get the information for our project!

We charted this information into t-charts that clearly explained which cell phone was better!

The next step was researching phone plans that included 3GB of data per month. We found three, one from Rogers, Fido, and Bell, and we compared them on a graph! It took a lot of creative thinking to be able to analyze the data we found and put it onto a graph.

After making the comparison graph, we made a slide show that included all of our information and facts. Our slide show was very personal because we had an entire page on why one cell phone plan was better for us! We chose Plan A because it is the cheapest plan for a long time.

Here is the feedback we got from our first draft! (We did make revisions)

I really enjoyed doing this project because I was able to show my skills in substitution, linear graphs, and algebra!