Over the past week, my Maker class has been working on a new project that’s purpose is to show parts of our identities. For this project, we needed to find a quote that represents something that we believe in. My quote is “One way to make the best out of life is to look upon it as an adventure” by William Feather (you can find this quote here). This quote has meaning to me because I like to live life to its fullest, and to do that I find adventure.

The next part of the project was to find a picture that we thought was a good representation of the quote that we found. The picture I used was of me hiking in the Dolomites in Italy, which I then traced on Sketches Pro to make it more unique and artistic. This was the original photo.

This photo has importance to me because one of the biggest adventures that I have gone on was when I went on a multi-day hike in Italy. The reason that I used one of my own photos is because it makes the video more personal.

The final part of this project was to create a song on Garage Band that fit the style of quote and drawing that I was using. I found this part of the project the hardest because there are so many varieties of genres that I could choose from. I went with a style that was steady and optimistic to blend well with my adventurous theme.

I think that my video has a consistent theme that describes part of my identity. Overall, I hope that you can see that my video represents my love for the outdoors and the adventures that await.