The More Things Change: Refection Post 😗

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlnjuev47Vo

Hello, everyone. Welcome back to another reflection post, if your new to my blog, I strongly suggest you check out my About Me page to learn more about me and what my hobbies are in life. Anyways, let’s move on to what this post is about, Reflecting on my new project, The More Things Change! Every project starts with a driving question; if you’re wondering what that is, well, it’s the question that drives our project forward. We have also have this thing called milestones; every milestone we accomplish gets us one step closer to answering the driving question. Today I will be going through my milestones and, finally, my answer to the driving question; for this project, our driving question was: What did European Settlement mean for all the people involved? To get anywhere near to answering the driving question, we have to start with Milestones,

Our first milestone was: Cove Reflection, and if you don’t already know, I live in Deep Cove! It’s a beautiful place to live, and this milestone was one of the milestones I enjoyed the most; for milestone one, we had to name the Continuities and changes of the land around us, we could go anywhere on the school grounds to reflect, and I chose to name the Continuites and the Changes of the forest in Deep Cove.

Now on to milestone 2: Milestone 2 was named Continuity and Change; for that milestone, we had to use the provided Continuity and Change Pages Template to identify three changes and 3constants in the time of New France. This was one of my more dreaded milestones, but in the end, I got it done. On to milestone 3: Phew, we are flying through these!

Alright, for milestone three, we had to… WAIT! Pause, I forgot to tell you how we are going to answer the driving question! For this project, we had to create an infographic to answer the driving question; if you don’t know what an infographic is, well google is here to help. Anyways, back to milestone 3: milestone three was named Facts and Graphics; for this, we had to create a rough copy of an infographic that had to include facts about the British, French, and First Peoples, we also had to include a thesis statement (Once again google is here to help). Milestone 3 was the task that got this project moving. On to milestone 4: Alrighty,

For milestone four, we had to make the INFOGRAPHIC, yes, the final copy. Now, in the end, we had a little over three documents, but it turned out to be great! After receiving additional feedback on our three facts and graphics, we continued to add our final infographic with other pictures and statements. Here is our infographic:

Now (“Dramatic Final Countdown music plays”)

It’s time for milestone 5: Curation and Present, for this milestone we had to Hang up our final info graphic along with a video explanation, as you see in the picture above that is me and my parter Cooper with our final info graphic! If you would like to see the explanation video its at the top of the page.

Well, in the end, this project was fun, maybe not as fun as some of the other projects I’ve done in the past, but it’s up there. Now it’s time, yes, it’s time for my answer to the driving question: What did European Settlement mean for all the people involved? Well, as it turned out, European settlement significantly affected the First Peoples land and rights; even though European Settlement brought European goods along that ended up helping the First Peoples, there were more negatives to European Settlement; they harmed the environment by hunting and killing the entire population of bison, thus depleting the primary food source for First Nations. … Many First Nations people died due to European diseases such as smallpox. European colonization destroyed their way of life and caused anger and resentment that still exists today. Thanks for checking out this Reflection Blog, and I encourage you to check out my About Me Page if you haven’t already, have an spectacular day, and ill see you in the next one!