Book Creator (Humanities!)

Hello, and welcome back to our last humanities blog for term 1. Today’s blog is going to be shorter, but not really. For this project we needed to write poetry, and yes it was actually fun. We had to write 9 poems and incorporate them into an embedded E-book and post it on our blog. So was there a driving question then? Yes there was, and our driving question for this project was: “How might I construct text that shows who I am right now?” For this project, we needed to make 9 descriptive poems about our worldview, the poems we needed to create where,

Simile Poem – 10 lines, describe your worldview with simile

Extended Metaphor – 6-8 sentences, compare a part of your worldview to something else

Haiku – 3, show a change in the third line results from a shift in your worldview

Found Poem – choose a text that reveals something about your worldview that is at least 50/100 words, cut in half, write 3-5 sentences at the end showing how you changed the original text

Imagery Poem – using alliteration and assonance, 10-15 lines, describe a part of your worldview that you haven’t discussed before

Sound Poem – 10-15 lines, what is the sound of your worldview

Experience Poem – 15-20 lines, using denotation/connotation, mood, and a specific theme, describe an experience that shaped your worldview

Personification Poem – 10-15 lines, personify worldview itself (this could be your group’s poem or you can write your own)

Self-Portrait Poem – 25-30 lines, who are you?

This project by far had the most amount of homework I’ve ever had in a PLP project, and there was some nights I wish I could have gone to bed sooner. Now lets move on to the main reason why I’m writing this post, our E-Book. Please make sure to read through it as there is a short little video about me. Enjoy!