The 7 Habits (Believe In Good)

Introduction:

Hello everyone welcome back to another blog, today I will be talking about our latest PLP project in Maker: Believe In Good. As with every PLP project we do, we have a driving question, the question is the thing our project revolves around. Our driving question for this project was a little bit different as we had more than one. Our driving questions for this project were: How might I use technology to construct knowledge? How might I use technology to create and communicate?  Now, since this project is different, the layout of this blog will be different because there are no Milestones to talk about. Before we move on I should explain to you what this project is about, The 7 Habits. Our project mainly focused on the book, The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey. We needed to use the Habits from the book and include them into our project. What I mean by this is with every habit we did, we had to fill out a workbook containing vital information that would later help us explain to the teachers how we felt we did in this project. Along with every workbook, we had to complete a creative activity, this could be visual, physical, ect. It had to show our understanding of the habit we just finished. Now that you know what our project was about, let’s move onto the details.

Driving Questions:

Empowered Learner: How might I use technology to construct knowledge? 

“You seek to much information, and not enough transformation”

-Sai Baba

Technology is everything, so many answers to so many questions can be discovered over search engines like Google, Firefox, Bing, Edge, Safari, and even social media communities like Reddit, and Discord, and many others. People are willing to answer any question you have online. Unfortunately the immediate access to information isn’t always a good thing. Fact and opinion are very blurred when it comes to the information you find online. This is where critical thinking comes into play, like trusted sources. Constructing knowledge requires using technology wisely. 

Creative Communicator: How might I use technology to create and communicate? 

“It’s not a faith in technology. It’s faith in people.”

-Steve Jobs, Co-founder of Apple.

I can use technology to create graphic designs with platforms like, Canva, Photoshop, and also game developing on platforms like Minecraft, Roblox, and so much more. Many of these projects can be shared through various platforms like the ones mentioned above with others to collaborate and build on. Even devices like the Apple Pencil, it’s not just the screen, you can now use a physical object to create something completely different and special. Technology helps us to communicate globally, you can meet people from all over the world with different stories to tell, different experiences to share. Platforms like zoom, and FaceTime, can help us collaborate and create effectively.

My Habits: 

To show I have a complete understanding of Communication, Personal and Social, and Thinking, we were assigned to do one of the following activity’s for each, Kinesthetic, Visual, and Audio. For Communication I chose to write out instructions to build something out of Lego to show clarity of communication. For Thinking I chose to set up a visual organizer, like a mind-map, a calendar, colour coating things to represent the importance. Finally, for Personal and Social I chose to make a short podcast explaining the habits I chose, and how they connect to Personal and Social, and how we can build relationships, and get to know people better. Lets start off with Thinking, here is a photo of my things calendar, As you can see, I had a few things overdue, I feel if I continue to set reminders and colour coat things, I can get better at getting things in on time! Lets move onto Personal and Social, now this one was quite challenging, as I needed to write a full script with a guest, now please note, this is my first time doing a podcast. Here is my FIRST podcast, INS. Finally, my Kinesthetic idea. This connected to Communication, and like I said before I chose to write out visual instructions on how to build an iPad out of lego, here is my instructions, INS. And thats it!

Conclusion:

I got so much out of this project I learned more about myself and my collaboration style with my peers as well as learning how to better communicate with people. This project encouraged me to look at the big picture of learning and my place within it. See you in the next blog.