Lets explore the deeper meaning of MUSIC!

Introduction:
Welcome back to another blog everyone, today I will be discussing our latest and last project in maker before grade 10! I can’t believe I made it, but here we are, it’s the end of grade 9, and boy what a ride it was. I almost feel like I’m still in grade 8! What is music? And why is it so popular around the world? These were my main questions for this project, but before we move on, let’s discuss what this project was all about!

Our Project:
Documentaries, most of us have seen one at least once, and I’m sure some people reading this can explain what a documentary is. Yes, this project is about documentaries, but not just any documentary, we had to make our documentary. This proved to be no easy task, and it took months to complete this project. Let’s go to the very start of our project. On day 1, we were introduced to a new project, “Your first film.” Our first assignment was due May 12th, titled “Exploring you.” We needed to create a list of our passions and hobbies, this way we could get an idea of what our film was going to look like. Before we started anything though, we made a bunch of short videos, that sort of connection to what this project was. One of these short videos was us interviewing one of our friends and as-wells as some strangers. These were called our first interviews. I think making the short interview videos helped me get an idea of what I wanted to create. Before we got onto constructing our documentary, we watched quite a few short documentaries made by professionals like Natural Geographic. Finally, after we finished our short interviews, we had “The plan.” The plan consisted of these elements:

• Get idea approved
  • Write treatment & log line
  • Research & Plan
  • Write screenplay
  • Get screenplay approved
  • Create storyboard
  • Get storyboard approved
  • FILM
  • Edit
  • Rough cut
  • Final cut!

Our Documentary’s:
After all of that, were done, we have a documentary. I am SUPER proud of how my documentary turned out, and I for one am super excited to show you what I came up with. Without anymore said, here is my masterpiece:

Conclusion:
Overall, this was my favorite project all year. This project contained filming (Which I love to do) and video editing (Which I also love to do). All the ingredients for a fun learning experience! I loved this project, and I feel it taught me not to rush things, that good things take time, and if you do something properly, it can turn out to be something you are proud of. Thanks for tuning into todays blog, and I hope you have a great summer.