Vibrant Video!

Introduction:

Hello, and welcome back to another blog. Today we are talking about Maker. Maker is one of my most favoured classes, as it includes many characteristics I find interesting, like Destination Imagination and Video Making. Today’s project though, will not be about Destination Imagination. Today I am reflecting on our most recent maker project, Vibrant Video. Our project was all about Moviemaking, and the history of movies. At a glance, this project seemed to be fairly simple, and let me point out that this was one of our “shorter” projects. 

Our Project:

Our project had many different stages. We started by watching a series of really old movies. We took notes on these videos so we could later put them all together to make one final video. Once we collected all our notes, we moved on to our first video, A Simple Story About You. For this, we needed to incorporate transitions, texts, and different camera angles. Our video also needed to have a story, that told us about one or more hobbies we have. I chose to do drums, I am very enthusiastic about drums, and I LOVE music. It puts me in a place where I feel calm and collected. This was not my favourite video I did but is up there.
Here is my video:

Now, let’s move on to the second video we did, Silent Movie. In my opinion, I feel I could have spent a lot more time on my silent movie. It was rushed and I feel I could have spent more time constructing a solid spine. Our Silent Movie was a recreation of the first movies with scenes and actors. My movie consisted of me, and a stick, that sadly kept breaking. You can check out

Let’s move on to our 3rd movie. Our tutorial video! By far, this was my favourite video. It required the most editing, filming, and even required a voice-over! This was SO much fun, and that’s an understatement. This film was awesome, and I learned how to edit with the new iMovie storyboard update, as well as record a voice-over in iMovie, and work collectively and collaboratively as a team!

Conclusion:

In conclusion, this project was extremely fun, I learned a lot about video making and a lot about how videos are constructed properly. Thanks for tuning into today’s blog, and I’ll see you in the next one.