About Me

Hello! I’m Sylas Koop, and I live in a place called Deep Cove which is located in British Columbia, Canada. It’s a charming place that perfectly suits my love for nature and outdoor activities, especially biking. I am in a school program called PLP, which stands for Performance Learning Program. PLP to me is all about group learning. In PLP, we learn how to learn, we don’t follow the black and white lines we were told to follow in school, we go beyond what is required. In PLP we go on a lot of trips, most recently we went to Florida, specifically Disney World, where we got to dive into the deeper meaning of teamwork and collaboration. Keep reading to see how PLP has helped me maintain my passions, and help strengthen my overall ability to collaborate with others.

Music, specifically drumming, is something I enjoy a lot. My passion for music started during grade 8 in high school when I got an opportunity to join the school band. That was a life-changing experience, and ended up turning drumming from a casual hobby into a passion.

My love for drumming and music, in general, has immersed me into something I enjoy so much that I’m now planning to make a career out of it. After finishing high school, I aim to become an audio engineer or sound technician, whether this relates to game development sound design, or movie sound design, its a goal that I am determined to accomplish. I’ve expressed my love for learning in multiple school projects, but the one that is the most significant would have to be my documentary I made regarding music:

Blog:

Lets explore the deeper meaning of MUSIC!

YouTube:

I believe in working hard, and being determined. Whether it’s improving my drumming skills or strengthening my work ethic, I’m always trying to improve. The documentary project above has helped me reflect, and refine my passion for music. PLP has also helped me maintain my passion for group work as proven through my multiple wins of Destination Imagination.

Teamwork is also something I value a lot. I’ve always liked the idea of working with others, and I think that when we work as a team, we can do things faster and better. Wether it’s playing in a band, or working on a school group project, the power of teamwork is something I’ve experienced and kept close. Something that has really helped strengthen my team working skills is Destination Imagination. You can learn more about DI by clicking on my most recent DI blog post:

Blog:

Destination Imagination 2022 🪜

Even though I’m not much into sports, I do enjoy physical activities, particularly mountain biking. It helps me stay fit while allowing me to enjoy the beauty of nature.

In short, that’s me; Sylas, a music loving, drumming enthusiast from Deep Cove, who loves biking and values teamwork. My journey in music is just beginning, and I’m really excited about what there is to come.

– Sylas 🙂