2019 Alberta Field School

Hello I’m back and this is the first PLP blog post of the grade nine year. This blog post is on the humanities project for this field trip, the Alberta video. The driving question for the project was how does place impact who we are. This question was divided up into similar questions for each group. My group was the wildlife group, our driving question was how does place impact wildlife. In my group was Ciara, Emily, and Finn. This video had to include lots of thing and in this post I will talk about them and the production of this video.

The first milestone we did to help us understand the driving question was a small activity. You could do one of 6 things to Reflect on our driving question. The options were, a poem, a rap, a vlog, a mind map, a voice recording, or a sketch. I chose the voice recording and here it is.

This recording conveys my thoughts on our driving question.

The next milestone was to write a paragraph on a news article. But the paragraph had to be viewed through one of four lenses, political, economic, Social and environmental. In chose to do the political lens and our group did the paragraph on an article about the trans mountain pipeline.

The third milestone we worked on was research on the places we wanted to get information and interviews at. The fourth milestone was the daily note. This was a trip long journal type thing where each daywe had to reflect on a question. I chose to do a keynote for this assignment. Here is the daily note keynote. Daily note

The fifth milestone the one we have been waiting for is here. This milestone was to make the video. My first draft was ok and really needed some critique. Here is some of the feedback my teacher gave me for this video. https://youtu.be/Inv12f2a57s

Then after this feedback I did the final draft. The final draft turned out really well and I really focused on fixing the areas of the video that the teacher mentioned that needed critique. Hear is my final video draft for this project.

This is the end of this blog post so thank you for reading.