Return of the Jedi, My Review

Hi my name is Thomas and this is my review post on return of the Jedi, the third installation in the Star Wars series (the sixth in chronological order). As a big Star Wars fan I have seen this movie multiple times. As I got ready to view it yet another time I couldn’t help but think about how I still enjoy these movies even after multiple viewings. I pressed play on my iPad and got right into the movie. This movie was the long awaited finale to the first trilogy. The final battle between Luke skywalker and his father, Jedi vs. Sith.

The movie starts of strong with a good connection to the former movies with a new set we haven’t seen before. Right in the first forty five minutes you get a strong action scene that still continues with the character development we saw in the past two movies. We then get a good sense of what the hero’s are going to try and do to bring the evil empire down forever. We now know that Luke embraces that Darth Vader is his father. Luke still believes that there is good in the fallen Jedi Darth Vader.

We then go right into the new visually pleasing setting, the forest moon of Endor. This is where we finally get into the main action. We get to meet a new alien species the adorable Ewok. The new cuddly species decides to help the hero’s of our story. The hero’s need to destroy the shield generator for the Death Star II. If they destroy the generator they will get a shot a sending ships in to blow up the main reactor. At this point we get a twist where Luke decides to hand himself over to the empire to try and turn his dad to good. I thought that this was a good plot twist but could have been pulled of better. It is rather anticlimactic at the end of the confrontation. The others now go and with the help of the ewoks sabotage the shield generator. I am not going to spoiled the end for the hero’s on endor. Luke however fights his father and the emperor in a dark against light final battle.

In the end I think that this is a very good movie with good directing. I feel like they could have done a bit better with the acting, pulling of some of the sentimental scenes. I just seemed a little forced. But my final review of the film is 9/10. Thank you for reading.