Time is Money

Hello and welcome back to my blog post. Today is another Scimatics post on the latest unit. This unit is called time is money and it is a math project. This project was meant to give us insight on how businesses graph their profit and time. We learned about how to predict finances for the future in using math. The driving question for this project was “how can we predict our finances for the future.” Now that you know the background information, let get into the learning.

We used three core competencies for this project. Now I am going to list and talk about how I used each one. Here they are.

-Understanding and solving: Apply multiple strategies to solve problems in both abstract and contextualized situation.

I feel that I used the understanding and solving to use my learning and strategies to Solve the math and the problems I encountered in the process of this project. I think that I could improve my use of this competency by thinking a little more abstract and out there.

-Communicating and representing: Represent mathematical ideas in concrete, pictorial, and symbolic form

I think that looking back at this project I used this competency well. I used it in most of the milestones using math and was able to complete those tasks with this competency. I think I could have used it better by using more pictures.

-Connecting and reflecting: Connect mathematical concepts to each other and to other areas and personal interests.

I think that I used this competency well during this project. There were also part were I could have used it better. I used it well by using it to connect my like of biking to my math. I think that I could have used it better by connecting the math concept to each other.