PGP, The final project

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today we will be looking at the PGP side of things. More specifically the seven habits of highly effective people and the book by Steven covey. We have been on a big PGP project in the past while and it has been based of the seven habits of highly effective people. Today we will be going into the milestones of the project and the competencies in it. The driving question for this project was “how can I be my most effective self?” So now that you know a little background information lets get into the learning of this project. 

All of the milestone focused on the same competencies. Connect: How do I communicate and collaborate to build understanding? And Reflect: How do I reflect to build knowledge? I used these competencies quite a few times over the course of the project to complete the assignments given. In the next paragraph’s I am going to talk about my usage of these competencies in my work.

Connect. I think I used the connect competency particularly well in the third milestone. We were given the same options for the assignments over the course of the entire project but particularly in the third milestone I used the connect competency. I used it by asking or communicating with fellow students on the specifics of the assignment as I had forgotten what to do. I collaborated with another person to build my understanding of the given assignment and to create something to hand in. 

Reflect. I think over the course of this project there have been two occasions where I have used the reflect competency to help me in the completion of the assignment. The first time I feel that I really used it was in the first milestone. When I was doing the first milestone I looked back or reflected on my past experiences. I did this to help me to build my knowledge and to complete the task that we were given. The second time I really felt that I used the reflect competency in my project was on the third milestone. When I was doing the third milestone I looked back at the first milestone experience in order to build my knowledge of the task and how to use the reflect competency. Now that you know about the times that I really used the competencies I want to reflect on some times where I could have used them better to create a better product in the end.

Connect. Over the course of this project I feel that there was one milestone where I could have used this competency better to complete the task given. This was milestone two. I feel that during the second milestone I kind of forgot what the main goal was. This lead to me not remembering the competencies and how I could have used them. This lead to me not producing a very strong artifact that I could show to the teachers.

Reflect. I feel that there was only one occasion that I could have used the competencies to create a better product. Again this was the second milestone. The reasons are quite similar for what I got wrong. I lost track of the man idea. This lead to me not using the competencies correctly to create a meaningful product. 

The final product for this project was an artifact that showed the understanding of one of the seven habits. I decided to make a lego stop motion video that showed habit 6, sharpen the saw. I won’t tell you much more about it but you can watch it.

Thank you for reading, have a good day.