Movie Review!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog. Today we are doing a weekly blog post. This one as you may be able to tell is a bit different. I am going to be doing a short review on the World War Two comedy movie, Jojo Rabbit. This movie, released in 2019 and directed by Taika Waititi. As war comedy movie it was criticized for giving a funny side to war but it really does have some sad moments that show the tragedy of war. Well, now that you have some background let’s get into this review.

Brief plot description. Jojo is a lonely German boy who discovers that his single mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their attic. Aided only by his imaginary friend Adolf Hitler, Jojo must confront his blind nationalism as World War II continues to rage on.

My thoughts. This movie was very fun to watch and it had a bit of everything, action, comedy, suspense, and tragedy. Even though it is a comedy based movie it really gives a thoughtful message that relates to our project. It is about confronting what people say is right and what actually is right and confronting the tough choices that come with that battle. The movie also gives a sense of realism in the war with some dark and heartbreaking scenes.

I would personally rate this movie quite well. It has everything that you would want in a comedy movie but also a sprinkle of everything else. But don’t just take my word for it. Audience scored it at a 94% rating (rotten tomatoes, 2019). It was also nominated for 6 oscars and won one of the six, best adapted screenplay.

This has been my movie review of Jojo Rabbit for my weekly blog post. Thank you for reading and I hope you watch the movie.