Power Play And How it Started

Power Play And How it Started

Try to name a medieval art piece. Hard right? Well, not for me, ‘The worldview of medieval Tyler’. That’s right, not only does the medieval artwork have my name on it, but it has me featured in it. What can we learn from the past and why does it matter to us today?  That is the question I aimed to answer while going forward in this project. It’s hard to believe our lives and worldview today is still effected by…

Read More Read More

IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD!

IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD!

What if I told you that I did something more scary than being a grade 8 going into high school? That’s right, not only did I make the switch from elementary to high school, I wrote, sung, recorded, and posted a song about it. The Project After 4 hard weeks of reading, working, revising and reflecting, I have learned, worked, and grown, and came out of the ‘It’s The End of The World Project’ with a song and music video…

Read More Read More

I Became a Learner in the PLP Program

I Became a Learner in the PLP Program

Who am I as a PLP learner? Have you ever wondered what skills you need to have to be in PLP? Well here is my first project ever in the program and the things I learned that will help me be successful in my PLP journey. My Assignment For My first project in PLP, I was assigned with making a Keynote presentation answering the driving question, Who am I as a PLP learner? Here is my presentation:   In making…

Read More Read More

The Voice of the Haudenosaunee Today and Yesterday

Like the Beatles song, ‘Give Peace a Chance’, the Haudenosaunee believed in peace and wrote it down as the Great Law of Peace which continues to be a central belief shared by the five original nations. What is The Great Law of Peace? The Great Law of Peace, invented by the Haudenosaunee, was a brilliant idea that created one of the worlds first democracies. This plan, brought together five different indigenous nations (The Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga and Seneca nations)…

Read More Read More

The impacts of Covid on our mental health as teenagers today

Are you tired of hearing about Covid yet? Well me too, I never want to hear about it again, but the truth is that even though the dangers of the virus have passed, the effects of it will stay with us for a long time. Welcome! Hi, welcome to my very first blog post ever! For this project, my maker teacher has assigned me with making a post on a topic that interests me. I decided to write about the…

Read More Read More