The medium is the message reflection blog post

For this reflection, I will be talking about the stepping stones and milestones I really liked doing (not in order). Now let’s get into it. 

This project was all about learning advertising techniques, graphic design, taking photos and understanding how advertisements influence us in different ways.

Milestone 1

I thought this was a really good introduction to analyzing adds because much like other apple adds, it caught my attention and was very interesting because of the flashing colours, dancing and the emotional pull of the actress. While watching the ad it reminded me of a movie trailer that keeps me wanting more.

Reading “the gospel according to Larry”

To be honest, I didn’t think that I would like this book, however as I began to read it (unlike most of my classmates) I couldn’t seem to put it down. I found it interesting that the main character (Josh Swenson) a 16 year old would make an anti consumerism website while his step dad was an infamous advertising executive.

Wile I was reading the book, I wondered of his true intentions. I soon realized it wasn’t for the money because he turned down numerous Companies offers for advertising. Then I thought it might be a rebellion against what his Dad represented, but early on in first chapter it was clear he didn’t hate his step Dad.  In the end, I think Josh had good intentions and didn’t do it for corporate sponsorship or to rebel against his step dad.

“The world needs your voice” stepping stone.

I found this really fun because I really like graphic design/photo shop. I really like making something plain into something funny, informative or helpful. It’s like lego, you start with lots of different little elements of something and then make it into an amazing and beautiful structure (if you do it right at least).

My four solo drafts

I realized that advertising is harder than I thought it would be and after four drafts, I still wasn’t happy with my results. I couldn’t come up with a tag line that I liked, my colour schemes where to flashy and my font contrasts weren’t enough. I’m looking forward to making a masterpiece with my north group team members.

In conclusion, I found this project the best one yet because of all the little things that I’ve learned and now understand around the elements of advertising.