It is now the end of the year and this will be the last blog post that I write in grade 8 and being 13 because my birthday is this Thursday. And I like that this will be the last one because it is by far my favourite project that I’ve done all year. I really enjoyed it because it was all about how diseases and cells interact (driving question) which sounds like a fun project already but the final  product that we had to hand in was a comic book about the driving question. The point of the project was to show how cells and diseases interact but in a “fun” way and I did that by making a comic book where white blood cells and diseases are people that live in a town that is inside of a person’s body. 

The fist milestone that I enjoyed doing was milestone 2 because we had to make a wanted poster for our disease which I found to be pretty fun. Here is what I made:

I also had lot’s of fun making the story board for my comic book because it really made me think about what I wanted my comic book to be about and I fell that I did it really well. Here is my story board:Presentation 29

And finally, my favourite milestone by far, milestone 5. It was definitely my favourite because it was when I really tried making my drawings good and also making the key points of the plot for my comic book come to life. Here it is (the file was to big so here is a youtube video of me going through it):

Now for the curricular competencies, curricular competencies are things that we have to follow during our project to make sure we succeed in making it. Here are the ones for this project. 

To conclude, this project was all about how viruses interact with cells and I found that really interesting and this project was 10 times better because we made a comic. I’m really happy that this is the last project and blog post that I will write this school year because that way remember grade 8 being really good.