Portraits

sup. We had an assignment to create portrait photos. My mums a photographer so… yeah. I felt like I should mention that.

Our first part of the assignment was to take a self portrait. I recently got a Christmas tree so I decided to play around with the lights on it. Here’s how it turned out:

I’m not mad at it. I got the tree bristles in the shot and I actually kind of like it. I set a timer at the base of the tree then tried not to look like a rat while, “posing”.

The next part was to make a portrait. This one had the criteria to be creative and use filters.

I found this huge leaf and made Dylan, my brother, stand in front of the sun. We took this photo in the forest near my house.

Next, we had to create a silhouette. I was extremily privileged to work with my friend and classmate, Holly. 

She is so pretty, so it made taking an awesome photo super easy. Here it is:

I think it looks pretty good! I like the writing on the window and the branches in the background. I love the sun peeking through it reminds me of a spider… but with less legs.

Now, for the last part, we had to re-create a portrait from the past. This was the best part. I got my whole family involved and here was the final product.

The first one I did:

• And the new one!

This is the other one I did:

• The other old one!

I hope you like them! I took lots of photos and these were my favourites. I took lots of time to reflect on this assignment. I think I learned a lot about how to take quality photos.

I enjoyed this assignment and I hope you enjoyed my work. Make sure to check back soon for more posts and I hope your day goes well!

– Zoe

4 thoughts on “Portraits

1. Hey Zoe,

Those photos are so so much better than the ones that I took. They look amazing! What are the light in the background of your self portrait coming from? They look blurred and it looks really cool.

Benjamin

1. Hey Ben! Thanks for the compliment! I’m sure your photos look great! I took them by my Christmas tree. I looked super stupid and my cat was judgmental. Ill go check your blog now!

1. Don’t worry you don’t look stupid. I have another question… did you use your iPad camera or something else?