Week 7

Welcome back. Websters dictionary defines holiday as a period of time where goofing off and doing zero work is acceptable… I think I really didn’t check.

This weeks challenge to to write about Holidays and Festivities. We were instructed to complete 2 of the following 4 challenges.

I chose, well, all of them. I really couldn’t imagine just doing 2 and I have no life, so, let’s go I suppose? Also as a note, I intend to try something different this week and not label the different parts of the challenge. They will, hopefully, all be integrated together. Ok, lets try it.

To start, my holiday isn’t just a simple day, it’s more of a category. And the category is?….

Yep it’s those weird Twitter trending holidays. The show up on urban dictionary and Reddit as well. Not that I go on Reddit or anything.

Now my family doesn’t actually celebrate them but my friends do and a man most likely without many close family members said, “Friends  are the family you get to choose” or something. With that definition in mind, I can confidently say that yes, my family does celebrate some of the many out there.

Some of my personal favourites are Be Nice to a Lawyer Day, Yellow Pig Day, and Pretzel Day. Actually only two of those are real. Bet you can’t guess which one. Actually you can’t because they all REAL HOLIDAYS. You can find the full calendar of real day days here.

Now with all this love for these holidays, I must express my emotions some how. Interpretive dance perhaps? Ah yes, I shall go with poetry. The language of songs.

To thank a lawyer day, to dank a sawer day.

No that was objectively bad, let’s try again shall we,

oh pretzel day, oh pretzel day, how lovely are thy salt crystals.

oh pretzel day, oh pretzel day, how lovely are thy risen dough.

Ok so poetry  isn’t my thing but sing that to Oh Christmas Tree and you’ve got yourself a bop.

Maybe making key images that represent my premise is an oddly specific skill I have? Lets check,

So… no. To be fair it took me five minutes and the premise is that holidays help bring you back to what matters most, hence the compas.  Yeah even with that there’s still a lot I could do. Do I know that I could come up with ways to fix it? Yes. Am I going to do that and then fix it? No. No chance.

Ok last chance. Come up with an original idea better than your tree last year. (Find that post here hehe) So did I? Lets see for the last time…

Yep no. Week 7 is just not my week.

I hope you enjoyed this chaos and I will see you next week for another happy little slice of blog.

T H E E N D