Cray-Cray Yay-Yay

Welcome to another blog post. I am running out of ideas on how to introduce these. My formula is getting old.

Anyways, this project, like lots of other PLP projects is based on a real world idea that you’ve probably heard of before. This idea is one semi-pioneered by Apple Inc. The idea revolves around “Crazy ones”. If this rings a bell, you, like millions of others, are probably familiar with Apples ad campaign involving people that have had monumental impact and shaped the world we live in today. If not, you should totally check it out here. 

So, with these examples partly analyzed, we now were assigned “crazy ones” and went on a journey of discovery in order to find out what they did that made them a crazy one. It was weird. The fellow my group was assigned was . He is most notable in the plp community for his steak restaurant. I really like doing these fast tracked presentations. I think it’s because I am good at them and its nice to sometimes be good at stuff. I learned about some cool people during these presentations but honestly, i didnt find them super valuable. It’s nice to get some practice in, but i found it a bit tedious i guess.  

The next big thing we got into was studying some text. We watched threee movies and had Socratic seminars on all of them. I hate watching movies. There’s a strong idea in most moives that good people get goof things and bad people get bad things. Now, becuase i am mentally ill, my brain likes to take it a step further. Becuase bad things happen to me, I must be a bad person. The way it does this is by deciding that this movie in front of me in the end all be all of my life and fails to identify that the movie is not in fact reality.  I hesitate to call it a mindset becuase i am not in control of it but i am aware of it. It is hell.

This makes it really hard to take notes and identify things i find important. I try to be conscious of this issue and push past it, and it works sometimes. Other times it feels like i am dying. Some of my notes turned out pretty good however, and i was able to work with them during our socratic seminar. 

While working with our first text, hidden figues, we were thinking back on the examples given 

In the apple ad, and those in the presentations by our peers. 

Seminar 

Prelim ideas 

Choice 

Portrait plan

Seminar reflections

Impact makers