Tpol 2022

Hello friends and family. This blog post is here to serve as my permanent record of my learning this year. The driving question for this post is, “Why do you feel you are ready to advance to the next grade level?”

To those attending my live Tpol, and also those that have taken the time out of their day to read my post:

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Why do I feel like I am ready to move to grade 12? In short, because I am. I have been working so very hard this year to create work that is not only up to par with the provided rubric, but that I am actually proud of.

For this Tpol, I hope to use my learning to be able to aptly represent my learning in images. We learned in the beginning of the year about conceptual art, and how people can represent ideas through art. I really liked this unit because of how it challenged my worldview. I mention the work I did with conceptual art originally in my MPOL blog post. (Linked here)

So now let’s talk about my examples and my story that goes along with them.

Presenting my final draft of the playlist of my life taught me that if I want to go as far as I can with a project, I need to take control of my own learning
In my debut role as Lady Macbeth. This project taught me a lot about taking a step back to learn from others
My permanent note on Lance Armstrong was one of the things I felt most proud of (linked here)
My persuasive blog post turned out better than I though it could have. During this project I learned how to push myself with the help of feedback I went out and gathered. This took the learning from the first project and implemented it.

My first draft and my final draft of my spring exhibition project. I’m really happy with how it turned out

I am a hard worker. I am a strong learner. I am a PLP student.

My final answer to the driving question is this:

I am ready to move on to the next grade because my story isn’t over yet. There’s still more things I have to share with the world. 

Thank you for taking an interest in my work as a learner. This will be my final Tpol post, as next year is my last year of high school. In 2023, I will be writing an Fpol, which is a final presentation of my learning.

See you then!