The 2022 Seycove Winter Exhibition

This winter exhibition was my first one! It was really fun to execute. 

The theme of the whole exhibition was the movie Avatar. The movie is about the planet of Pandora and the Na’vi creatures that live on it. Because the planet’s air is poisonous, human/Na’vi hybrids, called Avatars, must link to human minds to allow for free movement on Pandora. They are created by the humans who take refuge on the planet. Jake Sully, a former Marine who has paralyzed legs, becomes mobile again through one such Avatar and falls in love with a Na’vi woman. While he is on a mission to learn what the Na’vi want in exchange for the Unattainable, a precious stone worth millions of dollars that is abundant on their land. As a bond with her grows, he is drawn into a battle for the survival of her world. 

In preparation we watched this movie, so that we could execute our theme. 

The exhibition was chaotic and tightly scheduled. From 3:00 to 5:30 all PLP students decorated the rooms we were assigned. With the room, we were also assigned a theme. The theme of my room was abandoned planet. From 5:30 to 7:30 the exhibition was on. We stood by our projects that we had worked on over a few weeks before the exhibition. The use of our boxes was to portray our theme statements. Mine was: Often times, us humans may ignore the deep connections that we have with nature, and destroy it to satisfy our own needs. Finally we did clean up from 7:30 to 8:30. 

Here is a picture of my box.

Thank you for reading my blog post!

-Ailie💜