There are friends in your body!

Hello!

We just finished our science unit on cells. The driving question was: How can our knowledge of cell biology contribute to public health?

Our first keystone was an experiment. We swabbed a surface of our choice and watched the bacteria grow! I did the wall and floor in the girls bathroom. There was so much bacteria. There was more on the floor than the wall, therefor my hypothesis was right!

Here’s my field journal:

Field Journal

For keystone two we made character cards for all of the different types of cells. The white blood cell, the b-cell, the killer, memory and help t-cells, the macrophage, and the antibodies.

Immune Cell Character – B-cell

Immune Cell Character – White blood cell

Immune Cell Character – Macrophage

Immune Cell Character- T-cells

Immune Cell Character – Antibodies

Keystone three was making an infographic about why someone might not want to get vaccinated. I worked with Tate Me, Myself, and I and Syd Syddy giddy insta graham crackers blog! We made an infographic on canva with the theme: why did people not get it?

To finish up this unit we made a poster promoting getting rid of pathogens! Students from Eastview Elementary drew pictures of what they thought cells and pathogens looked like. Then we had to incorporate their drawings into our posters, then our posters will be put up around Eastview, and the students there will be able to see their drawings in our posters!

Here’s my poster:

:

Thank you so much for reading my blog post!

Remember there are friends in your body, protect them!

-Ailie 💜