Colonization was cray cray!!

Hello again!!

Our most recent project along side https://www.blog44.ca/ailieh/2023/05/04/science-the-game-or-maybe-its-a-subject/ in science is our humanities project on colonization.

To start this project off we were randomly assigned a group of people who came to New France when it was colonized. I was assigned les filles du roi the king’s daughters, you can read more about them here: Research Questions – Colonization .

Next we wrote a paragraph for a script we were saying for a video, but before we officially wrote the script, we were put in groups. We had one person from each category of people travelling to and/or living in New France. My group members were Finn who studied the indigenous peoples, Hazel poor people, Sidney rich people, and Danica missionaries.

As our final project, we all wrote paragraphs and answered the two questions: how did colonization affect all involved, and what were the consequences of colonization. We then put our paragraphs and answers together in a script. Next we drew symbols to represent our group of people, then we recorded ourselves in Armaker using our symbols as a visual. Finally using iMovie we put together our recordings to explain the perspective of all of the participants in the colonization of New France!

Now we have finished our most recent PLP projects, but I’m sure I’ll be back because there are certainly more to come soon!!!

Thanks for reading for now!!

-Ailie 💜