Hello, welcome to my mPOL!

Thank you for joining me today to talk about my perspective on PLP so far…

In this blog posts I will be talking about my projects, experiences and my learning goals. I will also be talking about my journey through PLP so far.

These past months since I have joined PLP, have been hard, but also exiting and fun. I have learned a lot about myself this first semester. I was proud of most of my work, but there are some projects that I could reflect on and talk about what I could do better. 

How can I sharpen my Learning Plan to ensure I will reach my learning targets by the end of this school year:

I looked back to my learning plan that I filled out at the beginning of the year.  I was reaching for all 🌈(A’s) and ☀️(B’s) for my grades and I met my goal. I am proud of my grades this term but I think I could push myself further. I think I could strive to get 🌈(A’s) in  humanity’s next term. I would like to get feedback to achieve my goal.

How have I demonstrated growth as a learner so far this year?:

I think that I have learned a lot from the beginning of joining PLP to now. I have leaned how to work with a group and talk to one another better thanks to the seating plans changing every day. I also think that I learned how to write better because of all the bog posts that I have done over the last few months. I will continue to develop these skills further and I go deeper into PLP. 

The Outsiders book report: 

I will start with the project that I am the least proud of, my first project in humanity’s.

I am least proud of my book report on “The Outsiders.” I was just starting PLP and I didn’t really know the expectations. Also, this Project was our first main project fully with technology because in elementary school we didn’t do much on any devices. That was a big change and I was not used to it yet. 

When the term just began, I was not confident in my work and I didn’t think I did my best work. The writing was challenging and the book was hard to comprehend at times. Comprehending reading materials is something I sometimes struggle with at home. I think that I could do better next time by reading the book in more detail or read it slower if I need to.

Revisions and critique 🔄:

This term I have gotten many revisions to improve my work to get the grade i was hoping to get. I have always been open to fix my mistakes and improve my projects. I am open to talking about what improvements are needed to get a better grade.

We have practiced peer critique all the way from the first week of school this year. I like getting peer critique from my class mates because I like hearing other peoples perspectives on my work.

Winter Exhibition: Tap here for more information

A project that I am the most proud of so far is probably my Winter Exhibition project. I love that I can pretty much make anything I want that answers the driving question in my own way. The driving question was: “what does James Cameron’s world of avatar reveal about our society. I love to be creative and craft with different medias and materials. 

For the Winter Exhibition I worked with; moss, wire, cardboard, paint, paper plants different materials to create my own version of Pandora’s box. I am proud of how my finished result looked but some feedback i got was that I could have spoke up more while presenting my box.

Making Interesting images: Tap here for more information 

Another project that I really enjoyed was my making interesting images as a Keynote  presentation. The week before, I collected interesting images from beach walks and also walks around the school to find random photos so i could create my name in different ways, a silhouette, panorama, personified picture, foreground and background and I even made a mood out of a picture that I edited. I love photography and I really improved from that project. 

What does my work reveal about me as a learner?:

I developed my creative skills throughout my PLP journey so far. I enjoy making Keynote presentations because I can use pictures to support my ideas and answers. I also love organizing my slides with precision and detail. I think my work reveals that I learn best from visuals and pictures. I also enjoy making collages out of different medias and materials at home.

In conclusion:

Over all, From this last semester, I have learned a lot. I have stretched my ideas and knowledge further than I thought I could and I am looking forward to next semester in PLP!