For science this term, we have been learning about matter and how it works in our every day life. We learned that matter is everywhere and everything is made up of matter.

In total, we made 3 keystones and a finish line project.

Keystone 1:

For our first keystone our class we had to measure a square or rectangular object of your choice in a certain way to find the mass, volume, and density. We also had to find some physical properties, chemical properties, along with qualitative and quantitative descriptions.

I decided to use an small plastic cube.

Keystone 2:

In keystone 2, we got to make an experiment about how or if gummy bears defuse in liquid. At the end of our keystone we made a keynote presentation about it.

here is a link to my keynote presentation  if you want to learn more about this keystone:

Gummy bear defusing experiment

Keystone 3:

For our third and final keystone before the finish line project, we basically had to map out  what we where doing for our final project. We had to make a pitch for a video game we where making.

My game pitch:

For my game pitch, I decided to not use the app “scratch” because for me, I find it really hard and confusing to use, so instead, I used an app that I am already familiar with it. I used an app called “geometry dash”. You might have already heard of this game before but, there is a version of the game that you can create your own levels. This is exactly what I did. This made this project a lot easier.

Finish line!:

Once we learned everything we need to know about matter, we started creating our video game.

Here are some pictures of my video game because I couldn’t upload it to my blog:

How I made my game:

The app I used made it really easy to create my game. I just added different blocks that where available in my game and placed them to my desire.

this is what it looked like:

How to play:

The rules are simple. You have to press down on the screen when you want to go up and don’t touch the screen when you want to go down.

The objective of the game is to answer the questions correctly that appear on the screen and answer to them with a true or false. You don’t have to touch the true or false, you just have to go in the section that the answer is closer to.

If you answer wrong, the section will lead you to a dead end and you will have to start over.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I thought that making a video game was a really fun way to learn about this subject. I would definitely do this again for  another  project