A few weeks ago, I went on my first field study ever!

I went to the Oregon coast with my class. Our main focus of this trip was supposed to be about advertising but you know how it is, you always ad some fun into it! We interviewed businesses along the way around mainly  Newport, OR. Before the trip, we got assigned a particular business to research about. When we were on our trip, we actually interviewed people that were working for my business. Me and my group of three that worked on the same business as me, asked a lot of questions to give us a thorough understanding of the business and what they were all about. The business I interviewed and studied is an outstanding natural area on the Oregon coast called “Yaquina Head.”

Yaquina head is home to an amazing light house, many tide pools bursting with life, seals and their pups, and a beautiful costal view out to the ocean.

My Oregon journal:

On our adventure to the coast of Oregon, we put together an online book from the app “Book Creator”. This made it a lot easier to record what we did each day and remember great memories.

Here is my book that I made: (if you want to see more about all the fun activities we did click below)

My business poster:

When we came back from our trip we put together a poster about the business I interviewed. I made many drafts until I finally finishes the perfect one.

This is how it turned out:

This took about a week to fully put together with all the steps. I got feedback from my peers. They told me what to improve and what they liked. This was really helpful to me because I got to see someone else’s perspective on my work.

In conclusion:

I learned so much information and knowledge that I would have never known without this trip.

I learned…..

– That Chihuahua’s and Husky’s actually have the same amount of wolf D.N.A. in them.

– What a walking meat loaf was (gumboot chiton)

– The history of Fort Stevens

– About the interpreters from Fort Stevens and there story.

– How to tell the difference between wolves and wolf dogs.

– How long the Yaquina head light hose has been around for.

– how to zip line.

–  And much more…….

This was a super awesome taste of what PLP is all about and I am exited for the years to come!

-Aiya