Winter Exhibition Reflection

This year in PLP we did our first exhibition and I will say it was hard to do. When we were told about the winter exhibition we thought that it would be more of a school show or something but when we got more information I was very surprised, it turns out we have to make an entire school revolve around a movie and explain themes by making boxes. We were told to start working on our “Pandora boxes” but first we had to pick a theme we had a selection of 4 different themes, you could either choose corporate greed, humans VS nature, racism and militarism. I chose militarism because after watching the movie I thought that militarism played a big role since the villain of the story is an army taking down trees for money. Since we had to make a box for our exhibition I wanted to represent my theme by making a still image of sorts but I didn’t just want to take a photo off of the internet and print it out, I wanted to give it a 3D look but I didn’t have any of the right materials for that so I decided to combine both ideas by taking photos off the internet cutting them out, glue them to foam and standing them up with toothpicks. Once I was finished my box I thought that it was still a little dark so I added some electronic candles to give it a brighter look. We had a driving question as well to give us some guide to what we needed to represent in our box, the question was “how did James Camerons fictional planet called Pandora relate to your theme, so I wanted to show it but I couldn’t do that so easily so I wrote a small script so when I had to present it I would tell the script so people would get an understanding of my theme and of the movie. Since I got sick for most of the process of making the box I had t make mine at home so my materials were limited but I managed to make it work. When I got to school it was TWO days away from the exhibition but since I made my box at home I was ready, during those two days we were put in groups and with those groups we decorated or rooms, my group didn’t have a room but more of a hallway passage but we had the wrong idea of where our room would be and we learned where it was the day of the exhibition. When the exhibition started I set up next to Lucio and Kai and when the exhibition started I was a little worried that no one would see our area since we were a little hidden but once the flow began it never stopped. Throughout the exhibition there were some guest who had no idea what was going on and there were some who had a very strong opinion on what should have happened. When the exhibition ended we all had to clean up but after about 30-45 minutes passed we were pretty much done then I went home and the exhibition was over. Overall I really liked the exhibition since it was something new for me to try and I think that I learned a lot from it, in the end it was a great experience and I am glad that I got to share it with so many of my friends and I am very exited to see what else is going to happen in PLP.