Les Chemical Affair

Winter is here and another PLP exhibition comes with it, this was the first PLP exhibition I attended/contributed to, it was a lot of fun and it was definitely a unique learning experience.

The Project:

The task for the exhibition was to create an immersive experience (a slice of a story put into a room) for our chemical stories video. First we were put into groups of 4 – 6, my group consisted of EmersonKieraTaylor, and myself. The next step was to combine our two separate stories into one, after that construction began to take place, one of our biggest challenges as group was met here, in our room one of the characters (Kiera) was trapped in a cage, originally the cage was going to be made out of pvc pipes but that was changed to cardboard bars which was later changed a dog cage, most of our room consisted of “cob-webs” and other minor old looking decorations (e.g a typewriter, multiple lamps, a old diary, and a chandelier of candles) as our setting was an abandoned cabin.

Emerson on the night of the exhibtion

The night of:

First of all, here is a quick synopsis of our room.

Ona Ozone (Kiera) has gone missing. It is up to you and Detective Ospino (Myself) to find and return Pho Phosphorus’s (Emerson) lost love. To help guide you along the path video clues have been placed around the room. Good luck detective. For anyone who wasn’t at the exhibition Ali Aluminum (Taylor) was revealed to be the kidnapper.

The day of the exhibition was final decorating day proceeded by presenting our room to the public, making the room wasn’t too much of a challenge because we had prepared most of our decorations before-hand, the biggest challenge was probably separating the room into 2 sections with a rug and 3 sheets of long paper.

Me hanging up a decoration

The final product was a success in my books, especially for my first attempt at a PLP exhibition, I think I struggled a little bit with my lines and role as a character in our story but as the night progressed so did my acting skills.

I was incharge of music, the other 3 parts of my group made the food the day earlier, and all of us brought building materials and decorations like electronic candles.

Looking Back:

Overall, this project was a blast and I am fairly proud of the end product, I think my group did a great job on setting the mood of our room with lighting and music. But our room for the most part had stages which is something our teachers told us not to have in our rooms. 

If you asked me what the hardest part of this project was, I would say this blog. Although the exhibition was challenging I found the entire thing so interesting that I found myself actually working before the last minute, so I can’t wait until the next exhibition.

As always thanks for reading, and have a great rest of your night/day.