D.I Provincials (Even More Cool)

Welcome back to another blog, its um certainly been a while since my last post but nevertheless today I’m talking about my experience at the D.I provincials, this was my first D.I provincials ever and quite honestly its a lot more fun than most of the PLP students give it credit for, anyways, after finishing 3rd at regionals The Medical Men of Mystery advanced to the provincials, you can view our performance for our challenge right here

Our challenge for D.I this year was to research/create some sort of medical mystery and then create a solution for said medical mystery by creating a symptomatic, which would display what the disease was/how it could possibly be cured (if you read my regional post you probably already knew this though), my group consisted of Jason, Caleb, Amelia R, and I.

Some things we changed from regionals included; minor changes to the script to compensate for the absence of Caleb, adding more detail to our symptomatic, and changing our stage blockers, we lost points on each of these at the regionals which is why we revised them.

Reflection:

One of the biggest challenges at the provincials was our backdrop, we made our backdrop completely from scratch and it was larger then most of the others, and it did not fit in any of our vehicles so we had to take it all apart into the smaller pieces and re construct it at Collingwood (which is where the provincials were held) this proved to be a lot harder than we thought it would be as some of our wood had cracked, we persevere and after attaching some heavy objects to keep the backdrop from falling over.

After we got our backdrop and costumes ready we performed and in my humble opinion I thought our performance went a lot smoother the second time around. Apparently the appraisers did too because at the end of the day we walked out with 2nd place ribbons which is an improvement from 3rd place at regionals.

Overall I think I contributed well during this project there was definitely more I could of done at the begging of D.I, but I think I did much better in the two weeks in between regionals and provincials, my group also did an amazing job and we worked well together, it definitely could of been a lot more stressful than it was so thats cool.

With all that being said, as always thanks for reading and have a great rest of your day/evening.