Lord Duran Duran… Wait no

Welcome back to another blog eh? Today I’m going to be talking about (typing, really) our heritage minute project, you can watch the finished version right here.

But wait, what is a Heritage Minute? You ask. Well a heritage minute is a minute long video that depicts an important part of Canadian history. These aired on TV in the early 2000’s but they now reside on YouTube, so, our class made our own. We were separated into groups of 4 and mine was Myself, Nik, Lucy, and Amelia B. Our heritage minute was on Lord Durham (As you could probably tell from the title of our video) this video was definitely the manifestation of the video skills that we’ve been learning all year, this video project was probably our most challenging yet, the most challenging part of it was arguably the fact that we couldn’t have anything modern in our video, we got through it though and our finished video was fairly good, but quite honestly I didn’t do a lot of work for this project I left a lot of the planning to the other group members and I really didn’t do much until the filming and editing phase, and I even misspelt upper canada in what was supposed to be the final draft of our video. (but I’d rather not talk about that)

We even got some feedback from Ryan Barnett and Joanne Archibaldu who both work for heritage minutes and are a part of almost all the heritage minutes on youtube! This what they had to say about ours.

With all that being said I did work hard when I finally started to work and help out my group, this was one of the only projects this year that I got everything handed in on time (except this blog post but lets not talk about that) so I’m fairly proud of that, but I do wish I helped more with script and storyboard, at least I won’t have anyone else to rely on for my ww1 video which you guys will be seeing very soon!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great rest of your day/night.