An End Of My Advertisement Journey

This project has been a big learning experience. I’ve been involved with making a team advertisement, we worked very hard on it and we just recently produce it to the business that we were making the ad for. To start of the project we were told to answer the driving question ( How does what we hear, read, and see influence us? ) and I worked through different milestones to answer this question.

The milestones that I feel are the most important to represent are the ones the I will be following up on in this summative blog post. The first milestone that I want to introduce in this post is the milestone called “Historical Advertising Analysis”. In this milestone I analyzed an historical advertisement and by doing this I stated my opinions on how different advertisements in the past were different from advertisements in the present moment. To work up to that milestone I learned about techniques and appeals during this I learned that advertisement are based on techniques that attract the target audience. Then  from this knowledge that I learned I incorporated this my designs ( I actually talked about my design in a formative blog post ).

The second Milestone that I think is important is the milestone called “A deep cove advertisement”. This milestone was the one that I was working up to, I had to put lots of thought into the project to work up to this point in this project. I made a team launch journal to plan out what things me and my team would need to do throughout this project to give our client a planed out advertisement. We also read a book called “The Gospel According to Larry” the reason I want to recognize this book is because it taught me a lot on how media can influence us and the book had many key points that helped me make my way up to the final milestone ( A deep cove advertisement ).

The project Lead up to the point were we needed to have meet great curricular competencies, which are:

1- Comprehending texts: which was used in the milestone called Historical analyzing

2- Designing texts: which was used in the final advertisement me and my team made for the business we were working with.

The main thing that I would need to come to a conclusion is what the answer to the driving question. The answer to the driving question is…what we hear read and see influences us because if we see repetition of different things and this can form in are subconscious which makes us related to different things that happen in our world and that is how what we hear, read and see influences us.

Would you have a different take on the driving question?

– Alicia 😀

My teammates blogs:

Max

Sepaus 

Gwen 

David 

Cale

My other blog post:

Formative blog post

One thought on “An End Of My Advertisement Journey

1. Wow! What a crazy historical ad! Interesting how things like ads change over time, and even how they influence us changes. Your final ad shows your true understanding of some of the techniques that work. You have a keen eye for aesthetics. Nice work!