Summer of 22’

Hello! If you’ve read my previous blog post’s you’ll know that my grade nine year has came to an end. I have now enter the SEASON OF SUMMER!!! (bit of a dramatic upper casing to convey my point). Now throughout this post I will give a briefing on the different activities I’ve done since summer break has started and the different things I plan to do in the future. (Side note: If I sound like a fancy person in this post, it’s probably because I’ve been watching to many shows with, well…fancy ‘posh’ people talking). On with the post…

To start off my summer I finished off my softball season with provincials. I once again reach provincials with my team, like last year, but this time we were more successful. There was around 18 teams in our U-15C division that competed for the title. We played a lot of games throughout the course of around 2 days. The first day was very hot and long (probably due to the amount of physical activity and heat). Then out of nowhere the second day brought it’s changes in weather and ranking. In the final day, which from my recollection was the second day, brought the stress upon us because we were in an elimination situation to fight for the gold or silver medal. With the large amount of stress in the game before the finale I actually ended up calmer in the last game. Can you guess what happened? Well…we did it! We won gold in U-15C softball provincials! I think my skills that I learnt throughout PLP have definitely been of help (pardon my fancy talk) because I was really able to critically thinking within strategies and collaborate with my team. 

Provincial medal

A couple weeks after provincials I went on a, somewhat, adventure. (Ok that sentence wasn’t very enthusiastic, so let me give it another try…). After the dramatic and revolutionary experience of winning the long awaited tournament of BC softball house provincials I went on a thrilling and entertaining wildernesses adventure! (Aka camping). So, yes, I went camping and it was a fun experience (that I’ve done many times) but I always enjoy it. The place I went camping was at Golden Ears National Park, specifically Allouette Lake. I spent sometime with friends and was able to do some camping things such as eating, biking, playing games, and lake swimming (I wrote this list in order of things that came to my mind and I’m curious why I always think of eating first, just something I should mention). Anyways, camping is always a way to exclude yourself from busy life and I really enjoyed every second of it!

Image credit*

Throughout this summer I’ve been doing some volunteering as someway to fulfill my summer help the community. If you’ve read my About Me Page you’ll see that I do many sports including Karate, which I’ve been doing since I was four. When I was younger I had different people teach me new things and those who were helpful to my learning made an impact on my performance in the future. I really wanted to be that person that make an impact to younger kids, hence the reason I’m volunteering by offering teaching assistance in karate. I think lots of skills that I’ve learnt in PLP such as communicating really helped me teach!

In addition to these ongoing/longer parts of my summer I’ve done some day activities such as hanging out with friends and doing extremely exciting activities such as tubing. What is tubing?, you may ask, well tubing is basically when you hold onto a big inflated water floaty that gets connected to the back of a motor boat by a rope and you get pulled around at different speeds. I’ve tubing a couple time with my neighbours but one of my friends (AKA a softball teammate) has a boat and offered to take another teammate and I tubing. I definitely appreciated and accepted the offer and was really excited! I distinctive feature of mine is that my height is below average so of course I think that I’m probably going to fly of the tube, which has happened many times before, but not this time. I think this different type of tube, in which you sit down, made it less likely to fly off. Yet, there was a few times I got serious air and I thought I was going to launch into the water. 

Another time tubing with friends (Learn more in last paragraph)

I know it’s not spring, in which I could’ve done this activity, but I decided to clean and reorganize my room. I basically think my room layout needs to be changed and the stuff within it, so I’ve started to get do a hefty load of cleaning. I’m still not done yet but I do have some plans to make my room look better. I think I’m going to paint my room and I’m really keen on adding some sort of accent so I may chose a bold dark colour to be painted on top of a lighter colour in the form of a geometrical shape. I also think I’m going to move around furniture in my room too make the space feel big and airy.  

Rough sketch of room layout and design

Throughout the rest of the summer I don’t have a certain list of things I’m going to but I have a vague of different things I’m going to do (Don’t be alarmed it’s not a long list, cause I, well, don’t have lists). One activity I’m doing is a planned ‘vacation’ (Aka a road trip) to Kelowna to hang out with some family friends. Otherwise, I’m pretty much going to end up binge watching a bunch of shows while melting in scorching heat (which can be fun). I’m also going to do some extra work to refresh my learning to be prepared to strive to fulfill my best potential as a learner. 

Overall, I’m having a great summer but am really looking forward to grade 10! I know that I may be slightly stressed at sometimes, but from my understanding of the different topics from the grade 9 project ‘Believe in Good’ I think I really will be able to understanding the path to reaching my goals. 

If your reading this at around the time I’m writing this I hope you cool down enough to answer the question of… What is your favourite part of summer? Anyways, thanks for reading!

Alicia 😁 

Update: If you remember, a few paragraphs back, I said that I went tubing with softball teammates. Well, I actually went tubing again with some classmates and it was really fun! I also, surprisingly, didn’t fly off the tube (even though I was extremely close).  

Credits:

1st image credit – Alltrails

One thought on “Summer of 22’