2016, A Year in Review

Google did a Year in Review video. So I’m gonna convince you to go watch it.

2016. A year of tragedy, craziness, and love. That’s what I think Google is trying to tell you as you watch the video. But there are a few thing that I didn’t understand in there.

One thing I didn’t recognize was the Free Hugs. In the video, this person stood in front of the police, held up peace signs, and just walked around wearing the shirt.

img_1788

So I researched it. The Free Hugs Campaign is a thing about ‘random act of kindness. People went to public places and offered free hugs to anyone. This was a movement started by Juan Mann in Sydney, Australia. He wasn’t feeling good, then a stranger came up to him and gave him a hug. This made him feel so much better that he started the campaign. It was made famous when the band Sick Puppies helped him make a music video. It went viral, and that’s how this started.

One thing that surprised me for being in the video was some famous celebrities who had died. This included David Bowie, Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, and a few others.

1587c4e7-bdb8-4d19-ba09-1d5cafb4bb1c

I was surprised because I would have thought that they would have added other people who had passed, including Leonard Cohen and Carrie Fisher.

56a6d071-f48b-4cdd-a682-05a5ed1a04c6

But I guess that is because they weren’t searched as much as the others.

If I were to do one of these videos, I would have added a few more things that were more important to me. For example, a lot of these things were very American. I might have put some more important Canadian events, such as the Snow in Vancouver,

img_1605

Or how PLP became a Apple Distinguished Program. Other than that, I would keep it pretty much the same, cause it’s so cool.

I hope I have convinced you to watch the video! I think you will like it!