Categories
Uncategorized

Doing the Bettering

Hello Lovely Readers, and welcome back to my blog! We have finished our first project of grade 10, and I am excited to tell you all about it.

Our project was called, Think You Can Do Better?, and it was all about how we think we should govern ourselves. This project  had us look at how the Canadian government is structured, political ideologies, the political spectrum, how the Canadian government is currently operating, and more about the political system as a whole. We also thought about how we, a group of 15 year olds, would want our country to be governed, and that is how we came up with our final video.

That is most certainly a loaded question. I have my own ideas for a government system, but I know that a whole country would obviously not support the same ideals. So how do I, a 15 year old who has barely experienced anything yet, determine how a nation should govern itself?  I think we should govern ourselves differently from how we are now. For me, it’s as simple as that. The first-past-the-post-system is obviously not working, the minimal party system is obviously not working, and the government itself is obviously not working! And when things are not working, we fix them.

It just so happened that during our project, Canada had a snap election. The results of that election actually really helped me think of my answer to the driving question.

But, as you have probably concluded, we did make a video for this project. I wanted to talk about this video in particular because it is a very good example of a fail.

If you showed this video to grade 8 Amy, I’m sure I would have been very proud of it. But I know now that this video is not up to par with the work that I can produce. I learned a lot in this project, whether it be about politics, the Canadian government, and political ideologies, or about the Zettelkasten method, however I found that I learned the most about how I can improve while making this video. I am not proud of the video, but I am proud of the self-reflection that I can do on it now.

So here you go! Here is the video! Hooray!

UPC Video

Thank you for reading this post, and if future Amy is reading this, I really hope that you realize how much better you can do.