Last Blue Sky Ever…

Wow that was our very last Blue Sky exhibition, I don’t know whether to be sad or happy…

If you don’t know what the Blue Sky project is, it’s basically a project where you can build anything you want that solves a problem and is usually in the most stressful time of year. There are definitely ups and downs of this project but the exhibitions are always fun!

This year I had a really hard time coming up with my idea. The goal of this project was to find a problem in our life and create a design to help solve it. For some reason I could not think of a problem in my life, that I was able to solve. I don’t know maybe I was thinking too big, or small? All I know is that it took me a while to come up with my idea.

In the end I decided to build a pencil case that was a lot more organized than a normal big open pencil case. I wanted to solve the problem of lost school supplies throughout the school year with my new and improved pencil case. I looked at multiple pencil cases that some of my friends have now and asked then what they liked and didn’t like about their pencil case, and most of the responses were around the topic of not organized enough. I looked at a ton of different popular pencil case designs to try and combine all of the best aspects of each one into one superior pencil case.

Originally I was going to make the whole thing from scratch but I soon realized that was too hard for the time frame I was in. So I decided that I was not going to worry about the outside as much and focus on the inside of the case. I ended up using a old pencil case box that I already owned and just redid the inside. I lined the whole outside in this durable fabric to keep my pencil case looking good at all times. Next, moving onto the inside of the case I added a detachable little bag that has a zipper. So if you ever wanted to take something small out, you could put it in that. Next underneath the little bag I added a pen holder to hold the white board maker… You are probably wondering “Anatolia why do I need a white board marker in my pencil case?” Well maybe because there is actually a mini white board in my pencil case that allows you to write down any quick messages you need to remember. Also in my wonderful pencil case there is this little platform that has a spot for some pencils, pens, and erasers. Underneath this platform there is area for you bigger stuff like calculators, pencil sharpeners, and scissors!

You are probably really confused with what this looks like because I didn’t do a fantastic job at explaining it.  So here is some pictures of my “Tool Box” pencil case…

Overall I think I did a good job at solving my main problem, I do think that I could have added some more extra cool parts to show that this is the ideal pencil case. But I am proud of what I accomplished.