Paris 1919

A blog post long overdue… but better late than never right? Anyways, back in April we were learning about the Paris 1919 conference.

During this time in PLP we were learning about a few different topics but while we were doing so we were forced to try out different note style forms in preparation for the years to come in post secondary. While I understand our teachers motivated for this I think that we have been in school for long enough to realize which note forms work for us and which don’t. I think that trying out all the different ones didn’t help with much other then wasting time instead of perfecting the note form we are comfortable with and learning how to make it better.

Movie Cover

We started off learning about this topic by watching Paul Cowan’s movie “Paris 1919”, it highlighted the significant events that happened during this time as well as who was involved. During the movie we were asked to fill out this film guided notes form, to make sure we were paying attention and knew what was going on.

Watching the movie and doing the guided notes allowed me to take away quite a bit from the whole thing.

After 4 years of intease battle and conflct through air, ground, and water, The Paris Peace Conference of 1919 was held at Versailles just outside Paris. The conference was called to establish the terms of the peace after World War I. Though nearly thirty nations participated, the representatives of the United Kingdom, France, the United States, and Italy became known as the “Big Four.” The “Big Four” dominated the proceedings that led to the formulation of the Treaty of Versailles, a treaty that ended World War I.

Sadly, these plans didn’t go as predicted. Gemany was refusing to pay the price of reparation that England and France were asking and this ended up causing even more conflict. The Paris 1919 Peace Confrence was meant to be this great thing to benig peace but untimatly failed.

During class our teacher also was doing a lecure and here are some of my notes from that.

Finally our goal was to put all this new information into a new note style form that we had not done yet. We had 5 different lectures and 5 different note styles. This one is the Cornell Format

Here is mine…