The main body of the text is the heart of the assignment but the little technology tips always make your assignment just a little better. The tiny tips and tricks sound pointless when used alone but together they accumulate and whoever the assignment is for, they will notice. It is the cherry on top and it shows a great amount of thought and effort. For instance, HTML is the foundation of all the information but it is not finished until you add CSS to style it accordingly. Now here are a few tips and tricks in Pages I found useful when doing my work:

Pages:

While creating my script for our upcoming podcast, I found two very powerful tools; table of contents and bookmark. The table of contents is a powerful feature that allows you to travel to different parts of your text by adding a simple heading. With this, you can generate a table of contents on your pages that will update when changes are made. Scaling up to a 10+ page document and you can see how it starts to be more useful to the reader and writer. In the same realm of tips, bookmarks let you record text enabling quick access in future. When writing or reading a long/condensed story bookmarks help with highlighting areas for covering again or marking important parts.

Links can often be useful in showing a quick preview of a website but that is only one part of them. Links can be used with webpages, email, phone numbers, bookmarks and even other pages documents! Before this week I had no idea of the extent to which links could be used and only ever used them with websites. I plan to add more hyperlinks in the future to greater expand my work and reference my previous work in other pages of documents to add validity to my statements.

In the future, I will make sure to use these tips more often to bring my work to a new level. If I have any future endeavours to writing a short story, these tips will not be forgotten. This week I have taken a step in the right direction and I want to keep learning these interesting tricks.