Tectonically Correct (Sort of)

Hi blog readers!

Today I will be telling you all about my newest finished project!

This project dealt with tectonic plates and percentages and probablilty. We had to make a board game that used those two areas.

To start off this project, for two weeks, we just did some science worksheets, learning about tectonic plates, naturals disasters, and what causes continents to move apart from each other. Here’s an example!

Next, we did a small amount of probability. Not in worksheets, but all together, figuring out the probability of dice rolling and card picking, or even a mixture of both! Once, we even used an automatic dice roller app to get some insane numbers of rolls, with Makai even getting to one million rolls!!

When we finally got to making our project, we made a MindMap to put down our thoughts on tectonic plates, and ideas for our game. I had some questions, which we answered later on in the project.

My MindMap!!

I was in a group with Owen and Jupiter (check Owen’s post here and Jupiter’s post here), and, after some ideas, we came up with a good ideas. The game was really complex, but easy to understand when you played it. Here are the Game Rules.

After we finished making the game, we tested ours and each other’s games in a peer critique. This was very fun, since we got to play board games that other people made, and test out ours as well!

Here’s the map of the game!

I think that, after completing this project, that probability can play a big part in this game, and so can science, if incorporated properly. Thank you blog readers for reading this blog, and I hope you learned something today!