Cyclocross! -Part 1-

Why hello there, blog readers! Lately, I have been writing about things we have been doing at school. Today will be different. Today, I will be writing about a niche sport (though very big in Europe) called cyclocross.

Cyclocross!

Cyclocross is a type of cycling where participants race their bikes along a twisty track filled with obstacles like barriers and steep sections called run-ups. The reason they are called run-ups is because the hills are so steep that you can’t ride them, you have to run!

Run UP

In cyclocross, the course is set in a big field, usually in the rain. The rain and mud is one of the reasons of why I love cyclocross so much.

MUD!

Now you may be wondering, why do you love this sport so much? Why do you like riding a bike in the mud around a track with hard obstacles multiple times? And to that I would say, good question!

Ok, I have been racing cyclocross for a lot of my life, and before that I watched my parents race it too. I also love the rain, and this is one of the sports that I spend the most time on. I hope you enjoyed my first blog post about cyclocross, the main goal for this post is to get you interested in reading the next few posts, so I didn’t go much into detail. Anyway, I’ll see you next time, blog readers!