I Know What a Triptych is and How to Spell It

Hi blog readers!

In today’s blog post, I will teach you about both our last project, and some very interesting new information I have learned with it, including SuperImposeX, and triptychs!

This project was all about connecting renaissance art, concepts, people, and inventions to more contemporary concerns. We made a final triptych to show all of what we had learned in the end. Read to the end to find out what I did!

You, the reader, may be wondering what a triptych is. A triptych is a three-panelled piece of art or information, and has been used since the Middle Ages! I learned all of this during our renaissance project. In this project, we learned how to use an app called SuperImposeX, an app mostly used for graphic design, but you can use it for other things as well, such as adding effects to photos, or making triptychs!

The school of Athens

We started this project just before Loon Lake, where we compared societal structures, and completed a re-enactment of a Middle Ages court. When we got to Loon Lake, we determined historical significance by a NAME chart, which stands for Novelty, Applicability, Memory, and Effects. You can decide what is historical significant based on how new, or novel, this information was, how this information could be used in the world, how people remember it, and the effects it has had in the world. We could use these name charts for our final paragraph later in the project.

Creating connections was very helpful when we got to our triptych, so we learned how to make them with the evolution of the telephone. We then learned how to use some basic SuperImposeX tools. After, we looked at and started working on the final product. We decided on a person, invention, idea, and a piece of art that we thought was the most influential of the time period.

I chose Petrarch for my person, Leonardo da Vinci’s Armoured Car for my invention, the Silk Road for my idea, and the School of Athens for my piece of art, all for varying reasons that helped shape our society as we see it today. We also had to write a final paragraph about who we thought was the most influential of the whole renaissance, so I said Francesco Petrarch, who is credited both for starting the renaissance in Italy after finding Cicero’s letters, and inventing the idea of Humanism.

My Triptych!

Thank you for reading my blog post, and I hope you have a great day!