This year so far has been pretty good but there are always things i can do to grow even further. I feel i can push myself further by updating my learning plan. Currently i have my humanities goal and maker goal set to accomplished but so far i have mostly created extending work. To push my self further as a PLP learner i think that i should change my learning plan from accomplished to extending and maybe revise some of the writing in the boxes so that i can reach my learning goals and more by the end of the year.

Evidence: 

These are my worldviews, dream board and book cover. Ill go over them with with you!

The project i have found most interesting so far was the Middle Ages project. I really enjoyed going into super depth about the one topic and then creating My own drawings and presentation about it. I think least interesting project we’ve done so far was the making interesting images. I don’t really find photography interesting and i felt we didn’t have enough time to go in depth about it. Sometimes the revision process is a little frustrating to me. It’s hard to hand in something that you feel is your best work but then have someone tell you things that would make it better. To continue to grow as a PLP learner i can continue to push myself to be even better, manage my time better, and thinking outside the box. This semester i was either really good at getting a head start but having nothing to do at the end or doing nothing in the start and doing it all in the end. To grow i can make sure i have a plan on when i am going to do each part of my project so that it is all quality work and is less stressful for me. Sometimes i find myself sticking to the guidelines and doing just what I’m told. To further extend my work i can think outside of the box to make my work more interesting, detailed, and just better overall. I can making my work unique from everyone else’s by adding more detail better visuals and maybe using different media’s and materials. I think i have come far as a plp learner. I came into this program barely knowing what it was like everyone else and now it feels like I’ve been doing for ages. I know what the the teachers expect from me, how to use new apps like things, Showbie, Basecamp, and keynote.  For the remainder of humanities and science I like to continue to create extending work, push myself and grow in the things I had talked about earlier Like i said in the start its been a great year so far but there is so much more room to grow. 

What project did you struggle with? Why?

I think the  project that i struggled with the most was honestly this MPOL. It was quite confusing at the start. I was very lost and spent the first 2 classes basically just sitting there lost. But here I am now I guess. I also found radical innovations a little confusing. A lot of the due dates were on the fly and there were so many drafts. There was also a ton of learning leading up to the project and so much note taking. I feel it was one of the bigger projects we’ve done so far. Sometimes i struggled with Superimpose. It was the first time I had ever used an app like that so there was a bit of a learning curve there but now you could say I’m a pro

Here is my triptych:

I feel the triptych taught me skills like photo shop, note taking, checking for fraud on websites, and it also taught me about the renaissance.

Something i also found a little vague were the driving questions. They were often quite vague and hard to answer. It was hard to summarize an entire project in one semester in one statement. Here were a couple of my answers to the driving questions.

Radical innovations:

Q: how did ideas from Europe and Asia change the world

A: ideas from Europe and Asia changed the world by educating people and making life easier

Winter exhibition

Q; What does James Cameron’s fantasy world reveal about our own society

A: James Cameron’s fantasy world of Avatar reveals that big corporations may ignore the negative consequences of their actions in the pursuit of wealth

At the start of the year I said I had planned to try my best wether it was perfect or not which is still true bit I have also realized that maybe my best a certain time will not be as good as another time. For example doing home work right after 4 hours of sport and 6 hours of school may not be as good as work I’ve done on a Sunday sitting on the couch. The most i can do is try my best at the time.

I’ve acquired a bunch of new skills including more social skills (sorry ms Kadi!), note making, drawing, and photoshop.

evidence

Thank you so much for reading/listening my MPOL! Im excited to grow as a PLP learner and I will see you for my TPOL

See ya!

Annie