Greetings! As mentioned in my previous posts, our class has been working on the Student Blogging Challenge. For Day 10, we have been given a free choice! In other words, this means we have the opportunity to blog about a topic of our choosing. I have chosen to blog about some of the art pieces I have created– most of which were made during 2020.

This is an art piece I made of my friend, Claire. (If I’m being honest, I feel like her face in this drawing looks more like Ben Platt than her actual face.) This drawing was made during the final months of 2020. I met her a few months ago during French class, and she was actually the first friend I made during high school, so I just had to draw her.

Claire is really into worms on a string for reasons of which I do not know. At this point, I’m too scared to ask. So, if you’re wondering what that “squiggly thing with googly eyes” is on the right side of the drawing, that’s a worm on a string.

Without a string.

Do not ask what happened to the string.

Trust me, you really do not want to know.

Here’s a drawing I made during quarantine of some of my pet birds. The one on the left is named Jade, and the one on the right is named Ray. 

Although Jade died in a horrid ceiling fan incident, she still lives on in my memories… or something cheesy and cliche like that.

I liked to call Ray my ray of sunshine. He died on a particularly hot summer day… or at least I think that was his cause of death. He might’ve been sick. I really do not know. I miss him a lot.

Any who, I drew this for my mom a few days after Jade had died. I like to think that it made her smile, and maybe still does.

This is a drawing I made for school! We had to draw how we were feeling, and I chose to draw a trash can. I feel that the fact I had chosen to draw a trash can instead of garbage itself really says something about my thought process.

If I’m being honest, I had considered drawing a toilet too. The trash can won, obviously. Mr. Trash Can-Sama is superior. Foolish mortals.

Our teachers had encouraged us to trace over pictures for this activity. I felt guilty whilst doing so. My inner artist was screaming “COPYRIGHT! PLAGIARISM! THE ART COMMUNITY WILL BEHEAD YOU LIKE HOW KING HENRY VIII DID TO TWO OF HIS SIX WIVES.” Anyways, since I’m now posting this trash can drawing online, I guess it would be plagiarism if it wasn’t a stock photo. At least, I don’t think it’s plagiarism in this case. Copyright confuses me to no end, no matter how many times I research about it.

I hope that you enjoyed reading about my artwork as much as I enjoyed writing about it. Feel free to comment about what you think down below!

Related post: What is “Dear Evan Hansen?”