Vibrant Videos

Hello, recently I have been doing a project about movie making. In it we looked at old movies that help innovate it. Some of those movies are The Great Train Robbery, Edison sneezing, Train arriving, and many more. We created multiple movies which were fun to make. My favourites were the silent movie and the special effects movie. Some of the ways of making movies helped me because I learned more about transitions which helps cleanly change shots and angles. I have liked this project and I hope that we can do many more like it.

The war to end all wars

In this post I am going to go over my latest project. The project is about comics that show events in WW1. I liked this project because it was all about drawing and creating stories based around the battle we were given.

Competencies:

Create Effectively:

I feel like I have effectively created this project and even though I didn’t get as much detail as I wanted I did a good job. I am really proud of some of the drawings I did because I really put lots of detail into it.

Analyze Cause and Consequence:

I did this by showing what the battles could’ve looked like and I put in a description describing what it could’ve felt like after going through that war. This war helped many countries escape defeat at the hands of Germany, enabled France to keep its land, taught the world the perils of world wars, and lead to the deaths of many from many countries. The war was very unique in that it was largely trench warfare. Most wars since have been more technologically advanced, with more sophisticated weaponry used, meaning WW1 trench warfare has been seen little since.

Here is my project.

Overall I liked this project because it was fun making comics and I hope like there is going to be more projects like it.

Believe in good

Over the course of a couple weeks we we were reading a book about the 7 habits. I learned from it because I have learned how to change and be able to be more effective at work.

competencies:

Empowered learner:

I have found that my iPad has helped me complete this because I have the book on it and I have competed all the worksheets for this on my iPad.

Creative communicator:

I have used technology to help me learn this because all the work I have done in PLP has been completed with my devices and I am happy that I have learned how to use it more effectively and quicker.

overall the project was ok but I feel like I haven’t learned enough from it.

Metaphor machines

For this project my group and I completed a Rube Goldberg machine. I liked it because I got to help design a type of machine I liked. I think my team did well because we worked efficiently and completed the project relatively quickly. 

Questioning and Predicting: We completed our project effectively and were interested in what we were working on. We also came up with ideas and used all of our team to complete the project.

Reasoning and Analyzing: We made complete sure that we made all of the correct measurements. We also made sure that our final product had the same measurements as it did in the rough draft.

Planning and conducting: in the final product we used multiple planks of wood, a switch, and a light bulb with wires.

Scientific Communication: We used our project to show a metaphor about a solution and it worked out great because we used it well and we were proud of what we did.

Overall I think I could have done more to help but, it worked out very well in the end.

DI reflection

As a reflection of DI I think my group and I did well at completing it. We did well, but I think we could have been better. The main challenge went well because our performance was funny but it didn’t take up all of the required time. We worked well as a team because we almost always had something to do. The team did a very good job working on everything. Overall I believe that DI was really good but if it was my choice I wouldn’t want to do Dl.

Here is my presentation

Canadian Nationalism

This most recent project that I did was about nationalism. Some things that I benefited from was that we had to research HBC and do something with it. I had some fun completing it and I am happy that it is done. I really liked it because I have learned a lot from it. My work team managed to complete a good amount of stuff. I also liked how we worked in groups because that helped me get a better caption and picture based of of their recommendations.  I have found that I have not liked the project that much because we couldn’t find our own case of nationalism and complete the project on that I would have possibly liked it more. Some of the things I learned some cool things about Canadian nationalism which are the amount of unfair trading where the British would get massive profit. Overall I have liked this project a lot but I still think it could have been better.

Our instagram here

Loon lake learning advance

For my blog I am going to show what happened on my Learning advance field trip. First of all, the leaning advance was not what I thought it was going to be like. I though that there was going to be a lot of activities and minimal work, but it ended up being the opposite. There was a lot of fun things that we did but it was overshadowed by the workload that we had. Some of the things I liked were the treasure hunt we did on the first day, laser tag gun thing and battle archery. Battle archery was the most fun because we were able to hit other people in the head with foam arrows shot out of bows. I also liked that I could go to sleep late and I liked all the options of food that was there. Overall I didn’t exactly like the learning advance because of all of the work, but because it is a learning advance I can’t get to annoyed about it, also I am exited to go on another trip.

my book:

Chemistry stories

I thought for this post I would talk about the Chemistry project that my class just finished. We just finished the chemistry stories project and I liked how creative it was. I had a lot of fun completing it because of the fact that hadn’t completed a project that was as interesting as it made it unique.

My project mindmap

Competencies:

Communicating:

I have completed this by using the models to show Ionic and covalent bonds. I have felt like I have showed it good enough.

Processing and Analyzing:

I did this by making the models for the atoms be realistic and show the atom as good as I can.

Questioning and Predicting:

I showed interest by adding detail to all the milestones in this project. I feel like I learned a lot from it.

In total I have felt good of what I have done. I have had fun completing this and I hope I do more.

My mPol blog post

mPol declaration:

Thank you for coming to my presentation of learning. I am the expert on my own learning. I am also responsible and accountable for my own learning. You can expect me to give an honest evaluation of my progress. We will discuss my strengths and opportunities for growth. Thank you in advance for listening and for offering feedback that I can use to improve as a learner.

Over the first half of the year I have got a lot of memories. Some of those memories are from doing schoolwork. Those projects include:

Humanities

I noticed during this project I have Learned a lot. Some of the things are:

Poetry,

How use book creator better,

How to help the environment,

How our worldview helps the environment.

Chemistry stories,

For chemistry stories we learned many new things, here are some of them:

We learned more about ionic and covalent bonds,

We learned more about keynote animating,

I did some science experiments

I learned about how bad I am at animating. 

Other school related things that I have memories of are band and PE.

The things I found cool about them were that in PE I got to move around have a good amount of fun and make new friends. In band I got to play my trombone and learn new songs that I either didn’t know like  into the court of the king, and my favourite songs like Sargent Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. Another thing which really interested me was that I liked how we got to sometimes got to watch Pirates of the Caribbean moves on Fridays. 

Worldview poetry

I feel pretty good about this project because I have put a good amount of work into it.

I made a quickish video showing them:

It took a good amount of work into the project and I am proud of what I have done.