Blog challenge day 9

Celebration!

For this blog post we were supposed to do two topics about holidays. The two topics that I decided on were a celebration that is unique to my family, and my favourite celebration.

The unique celebration that my family has is that for my parents birthdays we have a birth week. We give them a present a day for a week before their birthday. My dad started the tradition with my mom just after they met and have been doing it for 30 years now. They are usually gifts that mean something to the other person or the entire family. For example, we once got my dad a yodelling

My favourite celebration is Christmas because it is when we all spend time together and people give special presents to each other. Every year we get together with family from across Canada. This year we had to get together with our relatives over Zoom, because nobody could fly. It was still very fun because we could talk to everyone at the same time.

This picture shows our Christmas Eve meal this year – we picked these because they are all of my family’s favourite foods. We also got KFC delivered. It is probably the most memorable Christmas yet!

Thank you for reading my post blog and  have a good night!