March 3

How it started how its going post

Guess who’s back, back again, that’s right I’m back with another blog post and if you don’t know me my name is Ben and I’m an 8th grade student in Seycove’s PLP program. I’ll stop talking about me now and start talking about the most recent project!

Another project has come to an end for the PLP 8 class. This one was on worldview and how events from the past effect our worldview today. The driving question was “what can we learn from the past and how does that matter to use today?” I feel what went wrong in the past really  effects us now. Maybe if slavery never happened it could still be going on today! 

This project was fairly short but we did go through a lot of milestones and steppingstones.

First we made a “how it started how its going” meme. This is not the meme we would end up using in the museum though. Here is mine:

Then we went onto Google Arts and Cultures and took notes on the artworks. We looked at the colours, people, clothes (or not clothes in some occasions) and made a MindNode to organize our notes. This is what mine looked like:

Now I’m going to talk bout my favourite milestone. Milestone 2. For this milestone, we had to make a collage on our worldview! We thought of events that had happened in our lives that impacted your worldview. For example, I chose my trip to Arizona because it was the first time going to an US state that wasn’t Washington or Oregon, that would be under the aspect of geography. One of the rules for this is that we had to use our own photos, so we couldn’t take one off the internet. The photo had to be taken by you or drawn by you. I found that easy because most of my events were sporting events I went to.

Then we started about the medieval and Renaissance times. Honestly, I didn’t find is as interesting as some other people. I just found it kinda boring and not as exciting, it was all the same in my opinion. The only time it got interesting was when the christians and muslims fought for the holy land. I though that was pretty cool. A bunch of people took off on horses going out to try to kill other people!?! I thought it was epic. While learning about this, we were taught how to use cornel notes. Using our notes we wrote a test on a past event in the Renaissance or medieval time.

After the test, we were put into 7 groups, 1 for each aspect of worldview. We were separated by what aspect you wrote your test on, I wrote about society, so I was in the society group. The first thing we did in these groups was make a short story by using art we thought best represents our aspect. We had to use a certain story spine for writing the story:

After the story we got to creating the meme, now you’re probably thinking “didn’t y’all already do a meme?” Well yes but this is the final meme. For the final meme, we found a piece of artwork from the medieval or Renaissance times again, it could be the same one from the story, but most people decided to change it. Once we chose our piece of art, we had to edict our face on it ad make it more modern! Here is how mine turned out:

After all of this work, we put our art in a museum and had a big launch over Zoom! We also put our collages in a book!

EVIDENCE OF LEARNING

Before this project, I had no clue that online museums were a thing. Not only did I learn that they, well, exist, but I also learned the process of making one.

Posted March 3, 2021 by beny in category Summative