Hello! And welcome back to another blog post by me. In this post I’ll be rating all the things we did during our Loon Lake Adventure. I will talk about each category and give it a certain number out of ten (Ten being the best thing there and zero being my least favourite thing we did). I’ve always loved school field trips especially when they are for a couple nights. We spent four days and three nights at Loon Lake Lodge in Maple Ridge, with almost all the PLP grade eights and nines.

First Ill start with the bus ride there and back

Bus ride: 6.5/10

I rate the bus ride to loon lake lodge and back a six point five out of ten because it wasn’t very very fun but it wasn’t bad. I had a few entertainment sources like a book, a ipad, and a Hannah. On the way to loon lake I talked a lot to Hannah and looked at the things outside the window. On the way back from loon lake Hannah and I watched a cooking show then I read for a little bit. Overall it was a pretty fun bus ride but nothing exceptional happened.

Next I’ll talk about the cabin I stayed in

Student centre south cabin: 8/10

I rate the cabin I stayed in a eight out of ten because it was was a nice cabin to stay in but if I had to stay in it long term I would of changed some things. The people in my room were Kai, Finn, Kira, and Gwyneth. I think we got along well and it was a nice group of people to sleep in a room with. I found the bunk bed I was in pretty comfortable and I liked sleeping there. Two things that made it very hard to sleep though was when other people made noise in the lounge but mainly how hot it was in the room. Nothing we did worked to cool it down, we tried opening the window, turning off the heater, and even used a fan but the room stayed very warm the whole time I was there.

I’ll now talk about the food we ate from the chefs

Food: 1000/10

I rate the food we ate a thousand out of ten because I would love to have meals like those every single day. We got a good amount everyday and it all tasted really good. I liked every meal and most people around me did also. One of my favourite things we had was beef and mashed potatoes with a salad and a little cube of donut tasting stuff. I give much appreciations to the chefs, the food tasted amazing and they were very kind.

Now I’ll share my opinions on archery

Archery: 9/10

I rate archery nine out of ten because it was one of my favourite things to do. We played a game similar to dodge ball but with bow and arrows. Two teams were made (my group did grade 8s vs grade 9s) and we had our own side with a few blockages and a board with bullseyes. If you got hit by the bow you were out and the aim of the game was to hit every bullseye. Once you hit them they fell out of the board one by one. I loved archery and I’d love to do it again some time. I only wish we could do it for longer and on a dryer field.

Next I’ll share my opinions on the DI sweat box

Sweat box: 2/10

I rate the DI sweat box a two out of ten because I think we could of done something else and been a lot more productive. Yes we did get some DI things done but I feel like we didn’t need that long if all we were doing was planning and practicing our scripts. Also I think it was way to many people in one room, we could of separated everyone into two different rooms. We did end up planning out some things but what we really needed to do was build our props. Out in loon lake we couldn’t do that so I feel like we could have spent our time better doing something else. But thats just my team, the other teams might of completed a lot of work.

Heres what I think about the Loon Lake camp site itself

Campsite: 9/10

I rate the site we stayed at in Loon Lake a nine out of ten because it was a very pretty place but I didn’t like walking up the hill every time we had to eat. The eating hall was at the top of a gravel road we had to hike all the way up three times a day. Other then having to walk up and down hills to get everywhere I loved how beautiful the camp grounds were. The outside and inside of the cabins/rooms looked very cozy and wooden which matched the atmosphere. I also loved the lake and mountains you could see every morning. It was very pretty with a small layer of fog just resting on the lake and mountains.

Lastly I would like to add my Loon Lake journal which took me longer to make then I’d like to admit. I slowly filled in this book while at Loon Lake and once I got back I filled in the last parts.

Overall I had a great time at Loon Lake and hopefully I get the chance to do it again, I loved the people, the food, and the activities. Good bye for now 🙂