VR a Whole New World

So you’ve decided you don’t want a console, why not huh? Got something against consoles? No, I get it, you want something more- you want to be IN the video game – well I have the perfect platform for you.

VR!

So if you don’t know what VR is, it stands for virtual reality: meaning a 3 dimensional world that you can access by putting on a headset. Using this headset, hand controllers and a designated game zone that you can draw the edges of yourself (called the guardian on Oculus which stops you bashing into anything) you can interact physically with other people across globe in games and experiences.

In this blog post I will be showing you the process of me designing and drawing a representation of a VR world.

The Outline

First up I had to get the basic outline of a headset which looks roughly like this.

I used a brush tool and a circle outline tool to create the eye holes. I then used the stretch tool and circle to to create the outer lines which I then shaded. I then used the sizing tool to improve the size of the eye wholes. Below is my progress.

PICTURE DETAIL

Next, I drew freehand, using a variety colours, to create an unusual looking mountain.

Following this, I decided to add more detail of a bolder flying towards you, fortunately its a VR world as in the real world this would kill you! I also added an alien. This alien is inspired by one of the characters in a show Rick and Morty. In addition there is a darkened sun because this world is full of pollution which is produced by by the aliens in order for them to breath  the air.

COLOUR BACKGROUND

Finally, I used the colour fill tool to add background colour.

I hope you like my drawing.

Now you know the wonders of VR make your choice!

From going to Warfare in an Alien world to playing a game of poker with your friends, VR has it all.

See ya chumps!

Oh by the way my Friend Amy has a great blog click here to check it out….

https://www.blog44.ca/amys/

Just for a little extra credit from my teachers ( I know you’re there, I see you, just kidding, I don’t see you) I wrote a Haiku about VR

I love what they call Virtual reality It makes me very happy

By January 20, 2022.  1 Comment on VR a Whole New World  Maker   

1 Comment

1. Hi, this is tom, very cool blog!
    Make sure you fix up the eye wholes typo before ms Maxwell sees it.
    Like the drawing!